Inscrit le: 10 Avr 2016
|Posté le: Jeu 6 Juil - 17:33 (2017) Sujet du message: SoftwareMetrics3AAHowToGuideforProjectStaff
I N T R O D U C T I O N
How to Perform Software Metrics is a plain-english, simplified version of IEEE Std 1061 Standard for a Software Metrics Methodology.
This how to guide defines the standard for software quality metrics methodology. It is meant for people involved with the purchase, development, use, assistance, maintenance or review of soft-ware. The standard is especially directed at those measuring or reviewing the quality of software.
S C O P E
How to Perform Software Metrics supplies a methodology for founding quality requirements and recognising, implementing, analysing and validating process and product software quality metrics.
This methodology applies to all software at all stages of any software life-cycle structure. Sections 1 through 4 provide, scope, definitions, and background information which is the basis of this standard; all parts of Section 5 are compulsory. Appendices A through D are incorporated for illustrative and reference reasons only.
This how to guide does not assign specific metrics. However, the appendices include models of metrics together with a finalised example of the use of this standard.
O B J E C T I V E S
The objectives of How to Perform Software Metrics are to provide definitive software metrics reference to the following categories of person:
- Purchasing/project managers to identify, state and priori-tise the quality requirements for a system.
- System developers to identify definite features that should be assembled into the software in order to meet the quality requirements.
- Quality audit/assurance/control company and a system developer to review whether the quality requirements are being met.
- System maintainers to aid in change management during product development.
- User to help in distinguishing the quality requirements for a system
Contribution to IS Quality. Software metrics form an indispensable part of any software process improvement program. Without the means to measure improvements (or otherwise) in software quality, it cannot be determined whether process improvement is being achieved.
This how to guide is an valuable aid for project and quality managers to address the important process of keeping software metrics. It is is an easy to use checklist, as defined by IEEE Std 1061, and template to achieve this end.